1. Add milk, egg, bread flour, (gluten flour), sugar, salt, and milk powder in the pan of your bread machine. Select dough cycle and press start as per manufacturer's instructions.
2. After 5 min, add butter and add yeast in the yeast compartment.
3. When the dough cycle is complete, remove the dough from the machine and place it on a floured surface.
4. Punch the dough down while sprinkling pearl sugar and knead together gently. Then divide it in 8 to 10 pieces and lightly shape the dough into balls. Cover them with a dry cloth. Let rest for about 15min bench time.
5. Re-shape each piece into a round ball. Arrange them on a lined baking tray or in a cupcake or muffin mold (as you prefer). Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 40~60min in a warm place or until the dough has doubled in volume.
6. Bake in a preheated 180℃ oven for 10 to 12 min. Remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
1. Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in your home bakery machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Manual cycle and press start. While the machine is making the dough, prepare the filling : In a small pot, pour leftover curry or ready-made curry and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low, add the sifted flour. Thicken into a sauce. Let it cool down to room temperature and set aside.
2. When the cycle is complete, remove dough from the bread machine and place on a floured work surface. Divide into 8 to 10 pieces.
3. Place one portion of the curry filling onto the dough and seal the edges by pinching them together to make a round shape.
4. Spray water and then dip them into the panko/bread crumbs to cover around.
5. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Heat the oil in a pan. Put the bread seam side down into the oil and fry them until golden brown evenly on both sides over at low heat. Drain well on a rack.