1. Mix dry ingredients (plain flour, tapioca flour, potato starch) in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to "Philips Pasta Maker" equipped with the udon extrusion disc. Close lid.
2. Turn the machine on and set it for the quantity you are going to be making. Press Start.
3. Slowly pour water through the opening in the lid.
4. Udon dough will begin to form and udon noodle will come out within a few minutes (3 min). Cut the first udon noodles at about 10cm length and put them back in the machine's mixing tank. That's because the first udon is not smooth enough.
5. The noodles will be extruded. Now cut the udon every 30 to 35cm following your preference.
6. Toss the udon noodles with a little bit of flour or potato starch to prevent sticking.
7. Repeat until the machine stops or the dough is finished.
Serve with hot soup or cold or prepare for stir-fry!
1. Start by cooking your rice. Meanwhile make the sushi vinegar : In a cooking pot add vinegar, sugar and salt. Cook until almost boiled and sugar and salt are completely melted. Remove from the heat and set it aside.
2. Transfer the cooked rice into a heat-safe bowl, and pour the sushi vinegar from #1 on it. 'Slice' the rice with a rice paddle and let it cool down.
4. Spread about 180g sushi rice evenly. Leave an about 2cm edge uncovered.
5. Spread mayonnaise along the center line, as much as you want, over the rice. Place avocado, onion and salmon along that line too. Then roll up the maki tightly with a sushi rolling mat. Make 2 more sushi rolls.
6. Cut slices in the sushi roll with a clean and moistened knife. Please clean your knife before each new slice.
some of green vegetable (green beans, cucumber) - cut into julienned
1 tomato - sliced
1 leek - thinly julienned
5 servings ramen noodles
1.making the dressing
In a small cooking pot, add oil (vegetable and sesame) and garlic (optional) heat until its hot but not boiled. Let it to cool to room temperature. In a bowl, add sesame and oil, then blend with a hand blender (or with food processor) until smooth paste. Add the rest of ingredient (chicken bouillong powder, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and water) and mix. Chill until serve.
2. For eggs, add oil to a non-stick frypan and heat over medium high heat. Wipe excess oil with kitchen paper. Pour the egg mixture, then spread the egg outward thinly like you are making crepe. Turn it over. Cook for another 10 seconds.
Repeat with the rest of egg mixture.
3. Cool the egg crepes and slice into very thin strips. Set aside.
4. For the noodles, bring a pot of water to a boil and add the noodles, cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse with a cold water to remove remove starch of ramen. Drain completely and divide the noodles on serving plate.
5. Garnish with egg, ham, cucumber/green beans, tomato and leek. Pour the dressing just before you eat.