1. Microwave milk for 1 min at 600W. Add the sugar, inverted sugar and glucose. Mix well. Let it cool in a water bath. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, add the yogurt and the milk mixture from #1. Mix. Add the heavy cream. Mix well.
3. Set the gelato mixing blade. Transfer the ice cream mixture into your compressor ice cream maker and let it run according to manufacturer's instructions. It should take 40~60min, depending on the coldness of the mixture. In case, you should let it run until the mixture turns thick and creamy.
4. Transfer the ice cream to a storage container, and let it freeze until you eat!
Cooking, Cooking Recipe, Everyday cooking, Fast & Yummy, Pasta
1 onion - sliced
170g - ham
200g macaroni or other short pasta
55g unsalted butter
35g plain flour (T45)
2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
Some shredded cheese for the topping
1. Cook the pasta : bring water to a boil, stir in salt (1 tsp) and add the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying-pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until wilted.
3. Add the butter in the pan and let it melt completely. Then add the flour to the mixture, stirring to combine with the onions.
4. Pour the milk gradually. Mix well each time. Once all the milk is incorporated, add shrimps and ham, mix well. Then add also the seasoning salt, sugar, heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese, stirring frequently. Cook for a few minutes.
5. Finally, add the cooked pasta. Mix well.
6. Divide the mixture into each baking dish. Top with shredded cheese (of your choice), as much as you want, over the gratin.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 200℃. Bake the gratin for 15 min. Cover with alminium and bake 5 min more.
1. In a big cooking pot, heat 1 tbsp oil, cook the garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add carrot and onion and cook until the onion is lightly browned. Then add the grated apple and mix.
2. Pour the water. Add maggie cube and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the curry roux. You can use 170~190g or you can simply stop when get the thickness you like.
4.Now make the katsu Stab the pork with a fork. Season the pork pieces with salt and pepper, then dust with flour. Now dip them in the beaten egg mixture. Finally coat with panko bread crumbs, evenly, pressing down gently. Both sides should be completely coated.
5. In a frying pan, heat up the cooking oil over medium high heat until it reaches 180℃. Fry the pork until both sides are golden brown, turning them in the oil once or twice. Drain on a plate covered with paper towels.
6. Slice the cooked tonkatsu into strips. Serve the steamed rice in a plate or bowl and place the sliced tonkatsu on top. Now pour curry sauce. Garnish with the chopped green long onion or with beni shoga over the rice if you like.
Asian & Wafu, Cooking, Cooking Recipe, Everyday cooking, Vegetables
100g bread flour (T65)
50g cake flour/plain flour (T45)
2 1/2 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1. With an egg whisk or a spoon mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add water and mix well, then the oil. Keep on stirring until well combined. Let it sit about 1h at room temperature.
3. Heat a non-stick frying-pan at medium heat, once it is hot then reduce the heat to low. Then quickly brush the batter so as to cover the bottom of the pan. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat the process until all the batter is finished.
Idea for use :
Spring roll of course for deep-frying, or for kids to enjoy Nutella spreading and roll up. Or for the peking duck wrappers!
1. In a small cooking pot, add all the soba tsuyu ingredients and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 1 min. Remove from the heat and set aside until it cools down. Then keep the sauce in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until soba is ready.
2. In a large cooking pot, boil a potfull of water. Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions (they depend on which kind of soba or brand you use). Or until your favorite tenderness.
3. Rinse the soba noodles in the cold water to get rid of starch before you serve.
4. Drain completely and divide soba among the serving plates. Garnish with shredded nori sheet on top.
5. Pour enough "soba tsuyu" from the fridge into a small bowl for dipping the soba and serve with a side of sliced leek and wasabi.