1. In a heat-safe bowl, add milk and butter. Microwave for 20~30 sec, or until the butter is completely melted. Add bread flour, gluten flour, sugar, salt, egg and milk mixture in the pan of your bread machine. Add yeast in your machine's yeast compartment. Select dough cycle and press start as per manufacturer's instructions.
2. When the dough cycle is complete, remove it from the machine and place on a floured surface.
3. Punch the dough down and divide it in 8 pieces. Cover it with a dry cloth. Let it rest for about 15min.
4. Shape each piece into a round ball then flatten them. Arrange on lined baking trays. Cover and let rise for 40~60min in a warm place or until the dough has doubled in volume.
5. Bake in a preheated 180℃ oven for about 10min. Remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
6. Brush some butter lightly over the freshly baked buns if you like.
1. Add all the ingredient A into a medium bowl and add the chicken to marinate at least 2 hours (or even overnight) in the fridge.
2. *Making Sauce :* In a bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and mix. Let is sit in the fridge until use.
3. Add flour and katakuriko/potato starch in a plate and roll the chicken pieces in it until coated.
4. Heat 2 to 3 cm vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Carefully add 2 or 3 chicken pieces (depending on your saucepan's size) and deep-fry them, turning occasionally, until crisp and cooked through. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil. Continue with the rest of the chicken.
5. Toast the cut side of the burger buns lightly, and spread the sauce on the bottom half of the bun. Then place lettuce (or shredded cabbage), chicken. Add more sauce if you like. Cover with the top side bun.
1. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add the onion and cook until wilted or lightly browned. Let it cool and set it aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the ground meat and salt (7g). Mix and knead.
3. Add cooled cooked onions and ingredients A (soaked panko/bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg and sugar). Mix it all well with your hands until it gets sticky.
4. Shape the mixture into about 8 patties. In a large skillet, heat 2 or 3 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Place the patties gently on the frying-pan. Cook for a few minutes until nicely browned and flip the patties.
5. When both sides of the patties are nicely browned, add about 1cm hot water in the frying-pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for about 5 mins.
6. Remove the cover (some water must remain) and add all the sauce ingredients. Simmer until the sauce has thickened (or for a few minutes).
1. Make rice buns In a medium bowl, add steamed rice, katakuriko, sesame and a dash of salt. Mix them well and set aside.
2. Divide the rice into 8 portions. (1 portion = about 90g), fill the circle mold with the seasoned rice. and gently shape the rice bun by pressing it down to flatten it. Repeat with all the rice until you have 8 buns.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil, then reduce the heat to low and place the rice buns. Cook them and turn them over, until crispy. Transfer the rice buns onto the plate and set aside.
4. Make tsukune wrap the tofu with paper towel and micro-wave it (600W) for about 1 to 2 minutes. Break the drained tofu into small pieces.
5. In a medium bowl, add ground chicken, drained tofu and the rest of ingredients A. Mix it all together until everything is evenly combined.
6. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot. Then shape the chicken into flat circle patties and place them in the skillet. Fry on both sides until lightly brown. Cover and simmer for about 4 to 5 mins or until cooked through. Transfer the tsukune patties to a plate. Set aside.
7. In the same skillet, add all the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Place the tsukune patties in the sauce. Simmer on a low heat until the sauce starts to thicken. Set aside.
8. Make scrambled egg Lightly whisk the eggs, salt, sugar and milk together until the mixture is homogeneous. Heat 1 tsp oil or butter in a small frying pan, when the pan is hot enough, pour in the eggs, stirring, until the eggs are fully cooked through. Set aside.
9. Assemble the burger Spread some mayonnaise on the rice buns (optional), then spread the teriyaki sauce as well. Top with lettuce leaves, place the tsukune on top of the lettuce. Put some scrambled eggs. Put about 1 tsp mayonnaise over the eggs. Place another rice bun on top of it.
1. Add all bread ingredients in the pan of your bread machine (as per manufacturer instructions). Select dough cycle and press start.
2. When the dough cycle is complete, remove and place it on a floured surface. Punch the dough down and cover it with a wet cloth. Take bench time for 15 to 20min.
3. Divide it into 6 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball, then flatten to about 9 to 10cm across. Place the buns on a lightly greased mold or parchment-lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about 40 to 60 mins or the dough has doubled in volume.
4. Brush top of bus with beaten egg. Sprinkle sesame over the buns.
5. Bake in a preheated 180℃ oven for 13~15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
1. Put the ingredient A (basil, cashew nut, olive oil) into your food-processor and pulse several times (scrape down the sides if need). Repeat until smooth paste. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add garlic, ginger, ground chicken, cabbage and the basil paste (Ingredient A) and mix well to combine evenly.
3. Now add egg and panko/bread crumbs. Mix well to combine evenly.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a fry pan, and shape the portion with your hands into a patty about 8 cm in diameter. Place the patty onto the pan over medium-high heat. Cook both sides until lightly browned. Then simmer (for about 15 mins) with a lid or cook all the way through over gentle heat.
5. Meanwhile make the sauce : In a small cup, just add all the sauce ingredient and mix.
6. Transfer the burger to the plate and pour the sauce over the hamburger, serve hot!