1. In a bowl add chicken and " ingredient A (sugar, sake, mayonnaise, soy sauce and salt) and soak the chicken for about 30 mins.
Making the sauce
2. In a bowl, add leek and white sesame, set aside. In a cooking pot, add "ingredient B" and heat over medium heat, bring it to a boil. Immediately pour over leek. Add grated garlic and mix. Set aside.
3. Add katakuriko/potato starch mix into a bowl with chicken. Mix well to coat chicken with katakuriko.
4. In a skillet, heat a generous amount of vegetable oil and place the chicken skin side down and cook until brown both side. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
5. Serve the chicken on the plate with salada (your choice) and pour the sauce over the chicken, enjoy!
Wrap the tofu with kitchen paper towels and put it in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes to drain the water. Let it cool to room temperature and mash it.
1. In a bowl add all the ingredients and knead until well combined and sticky.
2. Pour enough oil in a wok or large saucepan and heat on medium-high until hot : Stick in a bamboo chopstick, if bubbles appear, it's hot enough :) Scoop about 2 tbsp of chicken mixture and place in the oil. Cook both sides, turning occasionally, until nicely and evenly golden. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
1. In a bowl, combine all the seasoning ingredients. Add the chicken meat and let it marinate for at least one hour or refrigerate up to 48 hours.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a fry pan over medium heat and place chicken skin side down, shaking off excess marinade from the chicken. Cook each side until golden brown. Reduce the heat to low and cover, simmer for about 3 min.
3. Add the remaining of the marinade and cook for a few more minutes.
1. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and fry the chicken and then cauliflower. Cook for about 5 min or until chicken is slightly browned. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Add salt to season. Transfer to a baking dish. Set aside.
2. Making the sauce In a medium saucepan, heat the mayonnaise over medium-low heat until melted. Stir in the flour. Gradually pour the milk into the mixture, stirring continuously until the sauce has thickened. Add ingredient "A" to season.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 200℃.
4. Pour the sauce onto the chicken and cauliflower. Sprinkle the grated cheese onto the sauce.
5. Bake the gratin for about 40 mins or until browned.
1. Marinate chicken in the mixture "A" in a small bowl for about 30 mins.
2. In a separate bowl, add all the ingredient B and mix. It's the batter we will use to fry. Dip the chicken pieces in the frying-batter and drop them in the oil for about 3 to 4 mins until nicely brown. Set aside.
3. In a skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil and add garlic. Fry until fragrant. Add all the rest of the ingredient C (soy sauce, sugar, wine or cooking sake, and ketchup) and fried-chicken and cook until they are hot and sauce thickens.
4. Transfer the chicken to a plate and sprinkle white sesame.
1. Rinse chicken in cold water and drain. Marinate chicken chunks in a mixture of "A" for 30 mins to 1h.
2. Mix "B" in a small bowl. Set aside. Drain excess liquid of chicken, and flour all chicken pieces with "B" until they are evenly covered with the powder mix.
3. Make sauce : In another bowl, add all ingredient "C" and mix well and set aside.
4. Heat some of oil in a wok or frying-pan and heat it over medium/high heat. Check the oil is ready to fry by dipping a small piece of chicken in the oil. It will float to the surface if it's hot enough. Fry the chicken chunks for about 7-8 minutes over high heat or until no longer pink. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
5. Increase heat to high and fry them again for another a few minutes until chicken are golden brown or crunchy outside.
6. Cook sauce : Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or frying-pan and pour the prepared sauce "C" into the pan. Simmer the sauce over medium-low heat until it starts to boil. Put the fried chicken into the sauce and gently mix.